Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Amazon Sellers

I just took delivery of a book from an Amazon Seller...Differential and Integral Calculus by Courant.  Usually Amazon sellers are reliable.  I used to sell on Amazon myself, and I went out of my way to describe the books I was selling in an accurate and professional fashion.

The book I received today had been described by the seller as "Like New."  It was supposed to be a soft cover book published in 2010.  The book I received was a hard cover published in 1961.  It was not "Like New."  The book jacket was scratched and sun-blanched unevenly.  Pages were yellowed.  The name and address of the previous owner was pasted twice into the reverse side of the cover.  And the book felt unhealthy.  I washed my hands at least five times after touching the thing.  I want to get it out of my house ASAP before my other books catch some sort of book-disease from the thing.

I have run into sellers like this before..although rarely.  I wish Amazon wold do something to get rid of these folks.  I had paid $29 for the book.  I immediately re-bought the book "new" from Amazon for $34.  That's what I get for trying to save a measly five bucks.

Now I have to mail this sucker back.  Well, that's my two cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment